Beginner Agility Classes
Next session of beginner agility classes starts on:
Tuesday, May 15 at 6:30 p.m.
Start your super dog off on the right paw!
Our philosophy is to establish effective leadership through education, to the owner and dog.
Auburnmist offers an extensive 6 week agility class for dogs six months of age or older. Class sizes are limited to 10 dogs per class.
Your dog will have the opportunity to socialize with the other puppies at the beginning of every class.
The information we cover in 4 weeks is:
- Attention game (eye contact game)
- Using a release word (basis of the command "Stay")
- Leash leadership (teaching your dog to walk on a loose leash)
- Territories (dog not running out front door, back gate, car door, dog free zone in house, etc.)
- Heel position
- Down (taught in 2 stages, eventually off a hand signal)
- Come when you're called
- Distraction recalls
- A talk on dog body language and communication in order for us to have a better understanding of our dogs and how to work with them
- Household manners: Jumping up, Mouthing (AKA biting), Counter surfing, etc.
If you are interested in registering for class or would like further information please contact our trainer at 403-969-7699 or by email
Missed out on registering for one of our upcoming puppy classes? We can offer you private one-to-one puppy obedience training. Please contact our trainer at at 403-969-7699 or by email.
**A private lesson may be more suitable for dogs who have aggression problems. Please let us know if this is a concern before you sign up for a group class.
Payment is due when you register for the class. Classes are $210 incuding GST. If you must cancel from attending the course, we require 72 hours notice prior to the class starting in order to issue a full refund. Classes are non-refundable, non-transferable and there are no "make-up" classes if you miss a class, although we do make our best effort to get you caught up to speed if a class is missed.